Sony Music Latin came to us to help launch and promote Puerto Rican rapper Residente’s first self-titled solo album. The purpose of this campaign was to highlight a complex and controversial multi-lingual concept album, without being able to directly call out his massively successful group, Calle 13.
We were provided with a variety of album artwork and videos, which we were able to develop into custom banners, pseudo videos, and a Facebook carousel and canvas.
The media plan took place in three phases.
Phase One: Drive views of the Somos Anormales video
We utilized TrueView ads to reach fans of similar artists while they’re on YouTube in the US/Puerto Rico, Argentina, Mexico, and Spain.
Phase Two: Drive sales and streams of the album
We utilized paid search ads, banners across YouTube and the Google Display Network, Facebook ads, and Instagram ads to reach English and Spanish speakers interested in Residente, his former group Calle 13, the artists featured on the album (including Lin Manuel Miranda), similar artists, and Latin music. Countries included the US/Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina, and Spain.
Phase Three: Drive views of the Desencuentro video
We utilized TrueView ads to reach fans of Latin Music while they’re on YouTube in the US/Puerto Rico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela.
- The album debuted at number one on the Latin Album Sales chart and the World Albums chart
- Multiple tracks made it into Spotify’s Viral 50 Chart
- The album was named one of Rolling Stone’s 50 Best Albums of 2017
- Residente was the most nominated album at the 2017 Latin GRAMMYs and won Best Urban Music Album, and Best Urban Song
- Drove nearly 40 million impressions at a low CPM
- Drove nearly 200,000 clicks to buy/stream the album
- Across the pushes for both music videos we drove over 2.3 million views
- We were reaching an interested audience, which was reflected in engagement rates with our ads. We saw a 0.70% overall CTR on our album ads and a 17.87% view-through rate on our video ads.
- We drove significant social interactions around the album. Our ads generated 118,809 post reactions across Facebook and Instagram, 5,046 shares, 1,622 comments, and 6,346 likes for Residente’s page
Page Likes and Cost Per Page Like
Link Clicks and CPLC
Click here to see our full Residente design project.