Head of People
Gupta Media is looking for a Head of People to support our most important resource: our people. You will partner closely with Gupta Media’s leadership team to manage HR/People Operations, Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, and Diversity and Inclusion. You will build strategies and processes to attract and retain top talent and ensure a best-in-class employee experience.
What we do:
Gupta Media is a full-service digital marketing agency with three specialties – media buying, creative services and technology solutions. We do our best work when all three are working in unison. Our clients include music labels (Disney Music, Sony, Warner, UMG), festivals (Boston Calling, Governors Ball), and brands (Amazon, Fender, Red Bull).
We pride ourselves on being innovative, competitive, and disruptive in the digital space. We build tools and develop strategies to make digital marketing better.
What you’ll do:
- Develop people strategies to complement or enhance our existing programs focused on talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, learning and development, compensation, organizational structure, benefits, and culture.
- Optimize our processes and scale the team to meet our hiring needs.
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure Gupta Media values are lived each day as the Agency scales and grows
- Foster a diverse workplace, which enables all employees to contribute to the Agency to their fullest potential.
- Manage learning and development programs to align with Gupta Media strategies, with an emphasis on growing manager capabilities.
- Oversee an outstanding new hire experience, including orientation. Work with managers to guide new hire ramp-up to productivity within 3 months.
- Partner with leadership to roll out Gupta Media’s performance review process that reflects our values and business needs.
- Own employee relations questions and concerns as needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and city legal requirements.
Who we want:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master Degree in Human Resources Management or related fields preferred.
- 10+ years of total experience. Experience within advertising agencies, tech startups and other similar environments is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting. Must be able to synthesize data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues.
- Experience leading HR initiatives at a scaling organization.
- Balance of business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable and adept at interpreting and adhering to labor laws and regulations at both the state and federal level.
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels.
- Holds self accountable, operates with urgency and empathy, and is motivated by data.
- Team player.
- HR certifications preferred (i.e., SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP).
What you’ll do in the first sixty days:
- Build relationships with people across our organization.
- Understand the existing culture and history of the company. Formulate opinions on what’s been driving the success of the company to date vs. what needs to change as we scale.
- Decide on 2020 objectives and a strategic plan that will bring our employee satisfaction and retention to an all-time high.
Employees at Gupta Media enjoy health, dental and vision insurance, along with profit sharing, 401(k) and a host of other great perks. We work hard, we play hard and we take care of our team.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for at least 2 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.