Gupta Media is an agency with three specialties – media buying, creative services and technology solutions. Our clients include record labels like Universal Music Group, Sony Music, Disney and Warner Music Group, television networks like AXS TV, festivals like Boston Calling, The Governor’s Ball and BottleRock and brands like Sweetgreen and Red Bull.
We are looking for someone who can perform Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions which includes crafting invoices, detailed tracking of the collections process, classifying credit card charges and account reconciliations. The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for making sure that the billing process is as smooth as possible from beginning to end; this involves working closely with all corners of the office as well as interacting directly with clients. Effective collaboration and clear communication are crucial for success in this role. Strong attention to detail and excellent quantitative skills are a must in this fast paced, dynamic environment. We also value the ability to work well under pressure; the right candidate remains calm and collected even while juggling multiple deadline driven projects and feels comfortable facing new, unfamiliar situations.
Employees at Gupta Media enjoy health, dental and vision insurance, along with profit sharing, 401(k) and a host of other great perks. We work hard, we play hard and we take care of our team.
- Perform all aspects of the Accounts Receivable function including sending daily invoices, collecting past due balances and resolving billing discrepancies.
- Assist the Finance team with month-end tasks.
- Update and maintain various individual account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Work closely with all members of the Finance team to ensure accuracy in monthly reporting.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the CFO and CEO.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – Know the basic functions, understand advanced formulas and feel comfortable manipulating data for ad hoc analysis. You will be using this every day.
- Ability to work both in group setting and independently as well as the ability to handle many different tasks at once.
- Innovative – There is always room for a better way of doing things. We are looking for someone who can see when necessary improvements are needed and isn’t afraid to do something about it.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org